*** The original questions which I stole from Alex’s facebook were only missing 4 questions to amount to my favourite number – 42. So I added 4 questions at the end 🙂
1. What did you do in 2013 that you’d never donebefore?
I went back to university as an adult student, I became the president of my community choir, and I took most Mondays off this summer, which was awesome.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, andwill you make more for next year?
I just searched my blog for my 2013 goals and here they are:
- Financial Freedom = ACHIEVED!!! Okay, 99.5% achieved, but nothing is perfect.
- Improved Health/Weight Loss = YES! Slowly but surely…
- Be more present and focused at work = Yup (But not enough to answer all in caps.)
- Buy our first house together = Womp Womp. I have come to the realization though that I’m not ready to buy a house.
- Read More = Yes, technically. But only because of the books required for my university courses. I did not read for fun.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, lots 🙂
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Not in my immediate circle, no. But my heart ached for so many around me who were dealt quite different hands this year.
5. What countries did you visit?
None – But I will visit 5 in 73 days!
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lackedin 2013?
Disposable income! Although in 2013 I have freed myself from a lot of debt, I have paid my university tuition twice, I paid fully for our upcoming Caribbean cruise vacation – yeah!! etc, but in order to do all that, I have had to pinch a lot of pennies! I would like to be able to continue living this amazing life in 2014, with some disposable income leftover in my account!
7. What dates from 2013 will remain etched uponyour memory, and why?
None really, I have a terrible memory. But of course I’ll always remember the holidays, and all the good times Julien and I had in 2013. Oh there’s also the day that my divorce was official, and the day that I signed the papers at the lawyers to release myself from my ex marrital house and of some ex marrital debt. But I have no clue which days those were. I also forget when my spring chorale concert was, but the Christmas one was December 7 🙂 Oh and the day that I started yoga!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Going back to university part-time while working full-time, I think. I also am pretty proud of myself for having organized and continue to coordinate yoga sessions at work. That has been an amazing experience.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Maybe not a failure, but I have to work on cooking more often. I suck at cooking, and I dislike cooking. I really have to be in the mood to enjoy making meals.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I am working hard to improve my health, but I still have the same struggles – PCOS, Type II diabetes, IBS.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Our March 2014 Caribbean Cruise vacation 🙂 (I know the responsible answer would be my school tuition, but this is going to be such a blast!!)
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My amazing boyfriend. I am seriously a spoiled rotten princess. He tells me I’m beautiful and I can tell he means it, he helps alleviate my hatred of winter and winter depression by doing everything in his power to lessen my winter inconveniences. He drives when the roads are bad, he scrapes the windshields every single morning for me when he could stay toasty and warm inside since he works from home. He drives all the way to the other side of town to get us some Dixie Lee since I’m craving it. He flips the light switches in the right order and folds the bath mat just so, and makes sure that the kitchen faucet is facing straight, just because he knows I’m crazy like that. All of that accounts for maybe 5% of his awesomeness. We would be here all day.
My parents. They are an amazing exeample of beautiful lasting love, having been in love since they were 15 years old. I have really enjoyed spending time with them during the holidays. Maybe because we had to celebrate Christmas with a little weather induced delay, everyone was pretty relaxed and happy.
My brother. I think that he’s really happy, and that makes me happy. His girlfriend Amanda is really perfect for him, and she fits in perfectly with the family.
Sophie – Working her ass off at 2 jobs to recover from her divorce, and still managed to fall in love with a great guy in 2013 and is in the process of moving and learned to run in 2013 also. That woman is superwoman.
Alex – That woman just constantly inspires me to be the best, happy me that I can be.
Julien’s parents – They are such amazing parents, and super nice people.
Everyone else – We would be here all day!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
There was one person who grated on my nerves in 2013. It’s weird, I find this person really interesting and like them, yet they annoy the shit out of me! I am determined to improve this relationship in 2014, since we must co-exist in our shared appreciation of a certain activity.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Tuition and Cruise!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going to see Kiss in concert, Julien trying my favourite Thai restaurant for the first time, various trivial things.. I get excited easily, but more about small random things. For bigger things, I have to process before expressing excitement…. It’s hard to explain.
16. What songs will always remind you of 2013?
Robyn Thick – Blurred Lines – For a while it was my ‘calm down, anxiety’, song.
Sublime – Santeria – Same reason as above
Kiss – Psycho Circus (Concert)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? HAPPIER
b) thinner or fatter? a little THINNER
c) richer or poorer? a little RICHER
Gotta love that. 🙂
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Spend money on restaurants.
20. How did you spend the holiday?
Because the roads were terrible on Christmas Eve, we had to turn around. On Christmas Day we were invited for supper at Julien’s parents house, but I had to decline because I didn’t fell well at all. I was also crying all day because I missed my family terribly. I had no idea that I would miss them this much if I wasn’t with them on Chrismas Eve/Day. On Boxing Day Julien’s band had a gig in Amherst, which was really good, but the roads sucked. This winter is harsh! The 27th was Julien’s birthday. The 28th, we were finally on the road to my parents house and we had a lovely Christmas!!
21. Did you fall in love in 2013?
Deeper and deeper, every single day.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead.
23. Did you visit any new cities/states/countriesthis year?
24. What was the best book you read?
Since I only read books for university – “Profession Gestionnaire – Relever les defis de la gestion moderne.”
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
More disposable income, better friendships.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hmm I can’t think of one. I have a hard time watching a whole movie these days.
29. What did you do on your birthday?
I’m pretty sure that Julien’s band had a gig at a bar on St-George.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Greater weight loss, more savings, better relationships with my friends.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in2013?
Comfortably me. I haven’t worn heels out once in 2013, and I plan to do the same in 2014. I’m so much more comfortable closer to the ground. I have gone out of the house with yoga pants and hoodies on a lot, and I don’t think that I look that frumpy in them. I don’t care what Stacey and Clinton say, I have no one to impress with clothes that do not make me happy.
32. What kept you sane?
Julien, Sophie, yoga, Roxy our cat, music.
33. Which public figure did you fancy the most?
I’m really not sure
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Shale Gas protests.
35. Who did you miss?
My family, Robyn, Krista, Mindy, Heather, Courtney, Melissa, RoseAnn, Monika, Jennifer, Amanda, Alex, Emily, Justine, etc.
36. Who was the most influential new person you met?
I can’t really think of one…
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013.
When you’re not with your family on Christmas eve and Christmas day, you miss them a hundred times more.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Workin 9 to 5
What a way to make a livin
Barely gettin by
Its all takin
And no givin
They just use your mind
And they never give you credit
Its enough to drive you
Crazy if you let it
– Dolly Parton
39. So, where are you going on your cruise?
We’re going to St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, and Barbados! It’s going to be so much fun!
40. How is school going?
Pretty good! I finished one of my courses with an A and the other with a B.
41. What are you doing tomorrow night for New Year’s Eve?
I’m going to a Tool tribute band NYE Bash downtown with my love.
42. What are you eating tomorrow for lunch?
Saigon Thai with the girls! Cannot wait to have a good Bun Kho!